About Addison, MI.
Addison is located to the extreme northeast township of Oakland County. The first entry of land on record was made by Henry Connor in January of 1826. Addison is purely an agricultural township. In 1834, John Talbot settled in the southeast of Michigan. Talbot moved to the Addison area and started a milling operation. One of Addison’s last landmarks, the old grist mill built in 1848, was removed in 1980. Addison is a quaint, quiet town with about two dozen businesses.
The population of Addison is 6,694 people which have seen a 10.02 percent growth since the 2000 census. The school district consists of one elementary school, one middle school, one high school and the district spends $7,624 per student and there are 19 students per teacher.